Any business planning to serve alcohol must abide by the country’s licensing laws, which:

  • Cover the sale and supply of alcohol and late night refreshment,
  • Include all forms of musical and other entertainment taking place on licensed premises and elsewhere.

The current regime affects not only public houses, hotels and bars but also the owners and operators of other premises such as schools, members’ clubs and leisure centres.

Although the Licensing Act 2003 posed many challenges for the trade, the licensing expertise here at Parker Bullen has helped many clients use the regime as an opportunity for growth. Acting for a wide variety of licensed establishments, ranging from public houses and hotels, to clubs, bars, shops and other premises, we undertake all types of licensing applications including:

  • Personal licences
  • Premises licences to include:
    • On and off licences
    • Restaurant licences
    • Late night refreshment
  • Variation of Premises licences to include proposed alterations to premises and changes of designated premises supervisor
  • Representation and advocacy before local authority Licensing Committees
  • Appeals: representation and advocacy before Magistrates Court on appeal from Licensing Committee
  • Temporary Event notices
  • Representation and advocacy in contesting applications for review of premises licences.

We able to assist with all aspects of licensing.

Legal work for licensing for business premises is charged by the hour, starting from £270 + VAT per hour. Please contact us for further details.


Get in touch


Your Licensing Team

"Dealt with everything for me in a timely manner as required"