As an employer, we are keen to embrace our role in the community and in our employees’ lives. Working in collaboration with our colleagues and neighbours ensures that we understand how we can have a positive impact and inspire change for them, the local charities we are keen to support and the wider environment.
Our actions support our values as a firm; that of a caring business and employer here to support our clients and staff achieve their goals.
“We understand that each one of our clients is unique. Using our own experiences, compassion and drive we put ourselves in our client’s shoes, taking the time to understand what matters to them. They trust us to find the right legal solution to enable them to move forward in their personal or business lives. Through embracing technology and being open to change we are able to meet the challenges of the modern world while maintaining our roots as an established firm across Wiltshire and Hampshire. We aim to change lives for the better; for our clients, our employees and our wider communities.”
Supporting the causes that sit at the heart for each employee, client and local business forms a key part of our values as a firm, but we also know that our responsibility stretches further than this to include our every day actions, the decisions we make as a business and how we deliver excellence in our customer service.
Our role as an employer
As a well-respected and established law firm in the South our promise is not only to our clients, but to our employees. We are an ambitious firm and can only have that ambition to grow, innovate and excel with our teams behind us. We spend a significant amount of time at work and so we strive to achieve a healthy work-life balance and provide a place of employment that our staff are proud to come to each and every day.
In 2022, we launched our new Employee Benefits Package aimed at supporting our employees, offering:
- Agile working
- Career and professional development
- Financial incentives
- Recognition and rewards
- Lifestyle and health benefits
- Friendly, approachable and collaborative working environment
- Supportive in their charitable endeavours
In addition to the benefits we offer, we also recognise our responsibilities to create an equal and diverse working environment. Through our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy, we actively encourage and promote equality, diversity and inclusion for all current, potential and future team members. Creating a positive working environment for our employees where they feel free to express themselves and are comfortable in their working lives is important to us, as is supporting them to reach their full potential, offering training and promotions based on merit.
Charities and community groups
We are proud to work with a number of excellent charities across Wiltshire and Hampshire, giving back to the local community and helping them raise awareness of the incredible work they achieve.
- Julia’s House are currently our Charity of the Year.
- Every member of staff is entitled to take one day of paid leave each year to volunteer for a charity or cause of their choice.
- We have worked with Salisbury Hospice in various ways over the years, including providing them with iPads during the Covid-19 pandemic to help keep families connected.
- In 2022, we sponsored the Sarum Rotary Charity Corporate Quiz and entered two teams. We have been corporate members of Sarum Rotary for many years and look forward to supporting them with their charitable endeavours in the future.
- Supporter of Salisbury Pride in 2022.
- During the Covid-19 pandemic, we wanted to show our gratitude to the key workers across the region, as well as donate to the NHS. We offered a 50% discount off Wills, and a 10% discount off property transactions for key workers. We were recognised for our campaign by the British Wills & Probate Awards for our ground-breaking social media campaign, and were named as a Law Society Top Seven UK Practice.
- In 2021, we were the sponsor of the Medical Support Award at the Hampshire Hero Awards.
- Several members of our staff are Dementia Friends, meaning they have undertaken training to be able to work with clients who have been diagnosed with dementia in an understanding, compassionate and constructive manner.
- We regularly take part in “Make Your Will” campaigns to help individuals and families make plans for their future. To date, we have worked with Naomi House. Salisbury Hospice, Scarth House and Cancer Research.
- In 2022, we donated a Promise to the Andover Trees 10th Anniversary Gala Dinner.
- In recognition of the dedication and bravery shown by our Armed Forces, we offer a discount to those serving across the military for our Wills, Conveyancing and Family law services. We also actively participate in community events raising funds and awareness for military charities, such as Armed Forces Day.
In addition to supporting local charities and our employees, we also strive to work collaboratively with the wider business communities where we are based.
- We are members of the local Chambers of Commerce in Romsey and Salisbury.
- We are corporate members of Sarum Rotary, with several employees also being individual members.
- We are members of UK200 Group.
- In previous years, we have supported local awards to reward the business excellence across the regions, including being a sponsor at the Test Valley Business Awards.
To find out more about working with us on local charity, community or business support projects, you can contact Karen Clarkson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, visit our Careers page to read about the latest opportunities to join us.