Our Private Client team has a wealth of knowledge and expertise in advising on tax matters and includes a Chartered Tax Adviser. Membership of the Chartered Institute of Taxation is recognised nationally as the gold standard in tax education meaning we can offer you the best possible advice in both tax and legal matters.
We can consider the most tax efficient and advantageous way for you to hold assets, and to pass them on to your beneficiaries. You may have business or agricultural property, for example, that may qualify for tax relief.
There are a number of ways in which it may be possible for you to mitigate any Inheritance Tax (IHT) liability that may arise upon your death. We can advise you and assist with the options available to you.
We also deal with all compliance aspects such as annual tax returns and planning not only for Inheritance Tax (IHT) but also Capital Gains Tax (CGT) and Income Tax (IT).
The full range of services our tax experts can offer are as follows:
- Inheritance Tax (IHT) planning by using exemptions and reliefs
- Business Property Relief (BPR) and Agricultural Property Relief (APR) advice
- Preparation of annual tax returns for individuals and trusts
- Advice on Capital Gains Tax (CGT), Income Tax (IT), Pre-Owned Asset Tax (POAT) and Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) for individuals and trusts
- Claims for holdover relief to defer Capital Gains Tax (CGT)
- Tax returns for estates both to the date of death and for the administration period
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) tax enquiries and investigations and voluntary disclosures of unpaid tax. Our team has experience of investigations and disclosures under specialist HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) schemes such as the Let
- Property Scheme and offshore disclosure facilities
- Advice on tax consequences on lifetime gifts
- All aspects of trust taxation including setting up, annual tax returns and compliance, distributions and termination
- We also have strong links with business taxation advisers so that we are able to offer a joined up approach where your tax planning involves businesses
- Deeds of Variation of estates for tax planning