A Pre-Nuptial Agreement is a contract signed by a couple before their wedding or civil partnership, detailing what should happen to the assets in the event of divorce. It is extremely important that Pre-Nuptial Agreements are drafted correctly in order to ensure that they will be taken into account by the Court should there be a dispute. If you are already married or have a Civil Partnership you can agree a Post Nuptial Agreement. We can advise if either of these agreements is appropriate for you.
“ I would like to put it on record that her help and advice has been greatly valued and it has always been a pleasure to work with her. Throughout the process she has kept me informed of progress and of the demands of the future stages. Her advice has always been proactive clear and sound ”
If you are undecided it may be helpful to consider the following:-
- If you wish to avoid a dispute in the event of divorce a pre-nuptial agreement may be worth considering
- If you or your spouse come to the marriage with more assets than the other, you may wish to consider protecting them.
- If this is your second marriage you may wish to make provision for your children from your previous marriage.
- If you are you retired you may need to protect accumulated assets.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Andover or Salisbury office for a FREE initial consultation to discuss your case and see how we can help you.
- Tricia Gower firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suzanne Foster email@example.com
- Olivia Le Masurier firstname.lastname@example.org
Salisbury 01722 412 000
Andover 01264 400 500