Andover: 01264 400 500 Salisbury: 01722 412 000

Matters Affecting The Elderly and Vulnerable

Our ethos here at Parker Bullen LLP is to ensure that you are advised fully.  Therefore, when considering your personal situation and arranging your affairs it is important to think about what may happen in the future.

Powers of Attorney and Lasting Powers of Attorney

Making a power of attorney allows you to plan in advance who you would like to act on your behalf in relation to your finances and also, if you wish, your  health and care in the event of you being unable to make decisions yourself. Or simply, if you are going abroad you may need someone to manage your finances whilst you are away. Whatever your situation, we can advise you on the correct power of attorney for you.

Court of Protection

When a person is no longer mentally capable of managing their affairs and has not made an Enduring Power of Attorney or a Lasting Power of Attorney, then a Deputyship Order will need to be obtained so that someone can handle their financial affairs.  We can act as Deputy if there is no one in the family who is able to act. 

Long term care

Long term care is expensive so it is worthwhile arranging your affairs as advantageously as possible in the interest of your family and your own financial security.  We can provide you with advice about your entitlement to state funding and any other benefits to which you may be entitled.

Our team can assist you with a wide range of legal issues relating to this area, including:

  • Powers of attorney and Lasting powers of attorney
  • Registration of lasting powers of attorney and enduring powers of attorney
  • Deputyship applications and administration
  • Long term care planning

Department contacts:

Salisbury 01722 412 000

Andover 01264 400 500