Following good governance practices is fundamental to a charity’s success and considered key in realising their aims and ambitions. Here at Parker Bullen we have specialist advisers to charities who can provide expert guidance on corporate governance which includes:
- Preparing or reviewing constitutional documents, the ‘rulebook’, for your charity.
- Advising on the objects (the purpose of your charity) and who or what will benefit from its work.
- Advising on the role of your charity trustees.
- Guiding you through the primary duties of a trustee which are to:
- Ensure that the charity is carrying out its purposes for public benefit.
- Comply with the charity’s governing document and the law.
- Act in the charity’s best interests.
- Manage the charity’s resources responsibly.
- Act with reasonable care and skill and ensure the charity is accountable.
- Ensuring the Charity Commission is correctly communicated with.
- Obtaining Charity Commission clearance and approval on establishing the charity and the trustee plans thereafter.
If you are interested in setting up a charity or need any advice on your existing charity, please contact Parker Bullen LLP on either 01264 400500 (Andover) or 01722 412000 (Salisbury) and ask to speak to a member of the Private Client team.