Department: Wills, Probate and Estate Planning
Due to expansion in our Wills, Probate and Estate Planning department, we are currently recruiting for a Secretary to join us, providing secretarial support to the lawyers, either on a one to one basis or as part of a team. This is an exciting time to join the firm with a fourth office having opened in October 2022 in Witney and a varied Employee Benefits package on offer which evolves every year.
The right candidate will be joining an active team with a focus on delivering high quality service for our clients and a natural ability to enhance their experience by having:
- A positive mindset and “can do” attitude;
- A proven ability to work with others in the wider team;
- The ability to deal with queries from colleagues and clients in a professional and polite manner;
- Excellent organisational skills – the initiative to take responsibility for their own tasks and prioritise work in a calm and efficient manner;
- Demonstratable proactivity;
- Highly developed time management skills allowing them to work to the lawyer’s deadlines while maintaining a high standard of accuracy; and
- Highly developed communication skills enabling them to communicate in a confident and professional manner with clients and the wider team.
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Handling telephone enquiries in a professional and polite manner, taking accurate messages and following up on any agreed actions;
- Any general correspondence as may be required from time to time;
- Diary management of lawyers as required, using your own initiative to arrange meetings;
- Fast, accurate typing mainly by audio-transcription with some copy typing producing correspondence, draft documents and engrossments;
- Attending clients on behalf of the lawyers when clients visit reception or telephone in for routine matters such as making appointments/collecting documents;
- Task management;
- File opening including client due diligence, file management, and closure; and
- General administration support.
While the working hours are 9am until 5.00pm based in our Salisbury office, we do offer an agile working policy which can be discussed upon application.
Why Parker Bullen?
Here at Parker Bullen, we offer our employees not only a role, but a place where they can feel comfortable each and every day when they come to work, a place where they can grow in their career and a place where they will be heard. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees, which you can read more about on our Life at Parker Bullen page.
Please contact email@example.com for further details and for our benefits package.