Tax Planning & Trusts
Our expert solicitors will consider the most tax efficient and advantageous way for you to hold assets, and to pass them on to your heirs. You may have business or agricultural property, for example, that may qualify for tax relief.
There are a number of ways in which it may be possible for you to mitigate any inheritance tax (IHT) liability that may arise upon your death. We can advise you and assist with the options available to you.
Trusts can also be a very important way to protect your assets and ensure tax efficient planning. We can advise on setting up and administering a wide range of trusts. Our team are members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
We also advise trustees of charities about their duties and powers in managing the assets of the charity. We deal with the creation, administration and winding up of charities and applications to the Charity Commission.
In relation to tax planning and trusts, as well as asset protection, our experts can advise you on the following areas:-
- IHT planning by using exemptions and reliefs
- business property relief/agricultural property relief
- asset protection trusts
- the preparation of annual tax returns for individuals and trusts
- advice on capital gains tax (CGT), income tax (IT) and pre-owned asset tax (POAT)
- trusts for disabled and vulnerable beneficiaries
- discretionary trusts
- lifetime settlements
- interest in possession or life interest trusts
- protective trusts
- charitable trusts
- Gareth Horner email@example.com
- Naomi Wilkes firstname.lastname@example.org
- Samantha Borek email@example.com
- Hilary Hargreaves firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrew Marshall email@example.com
- Robin Hiscocks firstname.lastname@example.org
Salisbury 01722 412 000
Andover 01264 400 500