We have acted for several maintained schools that have successfully converted to Academies pursuant to the Academies Act 2010. Our Academies Team has assisted the respective Head Teachers and Governors with the corporate, commercial and property aspects of conversion preparing documentation and providing guidance as required to meet conversion dates set by the school’s governing body. We have developed a specialism in representing church schools.
“ I was delighted with all aspects of the support which we received from Chris Gwinn and Tim Crarer. They were confident and expert in a new and fast changing area of the law. They were able to answer all my questions, explaining difficult concepts in terms that I could readily understand. They quickly resolved the complex legal issues which resulted from the school’s long history. The whole process was smooth and hassle free, saving me enormous amounts of time and leaving me to concentrate on running the school. A pleasure to work with and highly professional ”
Steve Heal - Headmaster, Holy Trinity Church of England Academy
Our work generally includes:
- attendance at initial meeting to be held at the School’s premises;
- advice on and preparation of the constitutional documents (memorandum and articles of association) to establish the Academy Trust;
- advice on and preparation of the Funding Agreement and its other annexes;
- advice on land matters and preparation of the Report on Title (to include necessary searches) and the transfer or long lease of Local Authority land, the Supplemental Agreement relating to land owned by the Diocese and the Trust Modification Order, as appropriate;
- advice on and preparation of the Commercial Transfer Agreement; and
- general assistance with the transfer/assignment/novation of assets to the Academy Trust.
We take pride in supporting the Governing bodies of maintained schools wishing to become Academies through provision of an excellent Academy conversion service at competitive rates.
Salisbury 01722 412 000
Andover 01264 400 500