Welcome to Parker Bullen
At Parker Bullen, you will find ambitious lawyers who are committed to giving a first class legal service to businesses and individuals. We enjoy working together in supportive teams and benefit from a collegiate and friendly culture. We are looking for two to three trainees to join our firm every year.
Where do our trainees work?
We have offices in Salisbury and Andover. You will spend time in both offices, working with and learning from highly experienced lawyers with a variety of specialisms. This will give you the best exposure to different practice areas so you are well placed to choose your preferred department on qualification. During your two year training contract you will spend time in at least four seats and experience both contentious and non-contentious work. You will be allocated meaningful work and you will be in the front line of client service from the outset, gaining a commercial perspective which is not often possible in larger firms.
Our training partner, Patricia Gower, will oversee your training and experience and ensure you achieve a smooth and happy path to qualifying as a solicitor.
What are we looking for?
There is no such thing as a typical Parker Bullen employee but what we all have in common is a commitment to be the best in our field and provide an outstanding service to our clients. We aim to recruit trainees who share this ambition, who are academically strong and keen to learn. We also want to be confident that our trainees can balance conflicting demands on their time, have good verbal and written communication skills and who can work well in teams. You should be on course to achieve or have already achieved a 2:1.
Do Parker Bullen offer Work Experience?
The best way to understand if a career at Parker Bullen is for you, is to join one of our work experience schemes. We offer one week opportunities in one or both offices throughout the Easter and Summer Vacation. You will sit alongside our legal teams, observe their work and see the application of law in practice.
For work experience, we are looking for students who have completed a minimum of one year of an undergraduate law degree or two years of an undergraduate non-law degree. You should be on course to achieve or have already achieved a 2:1. You may have graduated already and be studying for the LPC.
All our work experience candidates will automatically be considered for a training contract; there is no need to reapply.
How to apply
We are looking for two to three trainees per year and welcome applications at any time. We also offer up to ten work experience opportunities in the Easter and Summer vacation every year.
If you are interested in applying for either of these opportunities then please complete our application form and send it to Sarah Waller, Graduate Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- @parkerbullen would like to welcome Roisin Kelly, Roisin joins us as a trainee secretary in our Salisbury property… https://t.co/7LlfH8Oev4 23 Jan Reply Retweet Favorite
- We are growing our teams in both Salisbury and Andover! Follow the link to find out more. https://t.co/bggnHPnrCY https://t.co/lmZ66ObAyq 23 Jan Reply Retweet Favorite
- @parkerbullen are delighted to welcome onboard Hilary Hargreaves the latest addition to our private client team in… https://t.co/bD7Y7QURvH 23 Jan Reply Retweet Favorite
- Are you thinking about a change in career or moving to a new location? Why not take a look at our current vacancies… https://t.co/syh3tJ78dB 4 Dec Reply Retweet Favorite
- Are you interested in what it is like to be a trainee solicitor at Parker Bullen? Follow the link to hear about Nke… https://t.co/g4RHsDVYey 28 Nov Reply Retweet Favorite